Because my writing tends to be of a rather technical, philosophical, or just plain silly nature, you are bound to run into terminology or slang. Here are some terms and definitions that might help you make sense of it all.
- A numeronym for accessibility.
- A numeronym for my given names; Alexander Christiaan Jacob.
- Short for alphabet. Often used to refer to the fundamentals of a subject.
- The initials of my given names; Alexander Christiaan Jacob.
- A numeronym for internationalization.
- A term I coined in 2014, to describe art from the dot-com era. The word is a portmanteau of (.)com and contemporary.
- Short for modification. Usually of a computer game.
- A term I coined in 2012, to describe a specific type of Internet/domain art. The word is a portmanteau of neo-plasticism and net.art. It is also the name of one of my websites (Netplasticism).
- A portmanteau of no and okay, meaning both, and by that, exactly nothing. (It’s a rather annoying thing to say to people.)
- An abbreviated word where the letters between the first and the last letter are replaced by the number of letters that are omitted.
- A combination of letters used in letter and type design to get spacing and proportions right.
- A nonsensical Dutch word that can be used to replace any noun.
- See redundant.
- A term I coined in 2012 to describe my philosophy. The word is derived from (quantum) superposition, and relates to contextualism, relativism, and the incompleteness theorems. It is also the name of one of my websites (Superpositionalism).